From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:37, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Herold der Wahrheit (1864-1901), the German edition of Herald of Truth, was published by John F. Funk at Elkhart, Indiana (first in Chicago, Illinois, 1864-1867) as an 8-page 10.5 x 15.5 inch monthly (first 3 issues January-March only 4 pages) 1864-1866, then 16 pages at 9 x 11.5 inches until 1878, then 20 pages, then from January 1882 a semimonthly with 16 pages, in 1896 again a 16-page monthly, but on 15 April 1899, an 8-page semimonthly until its last issue 1 November 1901, when it was merged with the Mennonitische Rundschau. Editors were as follows: J. F. Funk, 1864-1898; G. G. Wiens, 1898-1901; A. B. Kolb, assistant editor 1888-1901; John Horsch, second assistant editor 1891-1895. Much of the material published consisted of translations from the Herald of Truth, but there were also original German articles, especially when Horsch was serving on the staff.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Herold der Wahrheit (1864-1901) (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 27 Jun 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Herold_der_Wahrheit_(1864-1901)_(Periodical)&oldid=95212.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1956). Herold der Wahrheit (1864-1901) (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 June 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Herold_der_Wahrheit_(1864-1901)_(Periodical)&oldid=95212.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 711. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.