From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Herald Bookstore, 220 Main St., Souderton, Pennsylvania, a branch bookstore of the Mennonite Publishing House at Scottdale, Pennsylvania, was established in 1935; managers were Silas Graybill 1935-1950 and Claude Shisler 1950-.

In 1963 the name of the store changed to Provident Bookstore (along with other Mennonite Publishing House-owned bookstores). For many years the store was located at 773 Route 113, part of a Mennonite-owned shopping plaza. The store was sold to Berean Christian Stores in September 2006.


Author(s) Harold S. Bender
Sam Steiner`
Date Published November 2008


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. and Sam Steiner`. "Herald Bookstore (Souderton, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. November 2008. Web. 22 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Herald_Bookstore_(Souderton,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=113451.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. and Sam Steiner`. (November 2008). Herald Bookstore (Souderton, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Herald_Bookstore_(Souderton,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=113451.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 707. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.