Hepburn, Saskatchewan is a village in the heart of a large Mennonite community, 26 miles (41.8 kilometers) north and 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) west of the city of Saskatoon. The railroad branch line running through the Mennonite towns of Dalmeny, Menno, Hepburn, Waldheim, and Laird was built in 1908 and it was during this year that Hepburn had its beginning. The population in 1955 was about 300. Since most of the early settlers were of Mennonite Brethren background, the town had only one church, with a membership of about 275 in 1955.
Hepburn was for many years been the head office of the North Saskatchewan M. B. Conference and the M. B. Missions of Saskatchewan, formerly known as the Western Children's Mission. It is also the home of the Bethany Bible College. The Mennonite Mutual Hail Insurance Company with an extensive business beyond Mennonite circles has its office here.
|Author(s)||J. H Epp|
Cite This Article
Epp, J. H. "Hepburn (Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 5 May 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hepburn_(Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=65123.
Epp, J. H. (1956). Hepburn (Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 5 May 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hepburn_(Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=65123.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.