From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:17, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Henderson (Nebraska) Bible School began in 1902 as a secondary school, called the "Fortbildungsschule." The course of study was modeled after a school in Hillsboro, Kansas, conducted by H. D. Penner. The Henderson school was built and supported by the Bethesda Mennonite (General Conference Mennonite) church of Henderson. The highest enrollment, 69, was in the beginning when two divisions were offered. When the public school began to offer a full high-school course, ca. 1911, the attendance at the church school declined. About 1924 a change was made in its curriculum, instruction being limited to Bible subjects, and the name was changed to "Bible School." This school was discontinued in 1952.


Author(s) H. D Epp
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, H. D. "Henderson Bible School (Henderson, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 18 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Henderson_Bible_School_(Henderson,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=81871.

APA style

Epp, H. D. (1956). Henderson Bible School (Henderson, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Henderson_Bible_School_(Henderson,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=81871.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 697. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.