From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:37, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Harvey Mennonite Brethren Church, located 11 miles southwest of Harvey, North Dakota, is a member of the Central District Conference. This church was organized in 1898 with 13 members. Christian Reimche, the first pastor, served the church for about 30 years. The first church was built in 1900. This was enlarged in 1918 and again in 1943. Later on a new church was constructed in Harvey and in the 1950s services were conducted in both places with a joint service each month. Other ministers who have served this church are Peter Wiens, Dr. L. J. Seibel, H. H. Hiebert, G. Warkentin, and Loyal Funk. The deacons J. C. Seibel and Jacob Zweigle served the church for 32 years and H. H. Delk and Dan Bich since 1929. Robert Seibel, ordained to the ministry in this church, served as an Mennonite Central Committee worker in Brazil in 1947-49. In 1954 the membership was 210 and consisted mostly of rural people.


Author(s) A. A Dick
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Dick, A. A. "Harvey Mennonite Brethren Church (Harvey, North Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 17 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Harvey_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Harvey,_North_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=95133.

APA style

Dick, A. A. (1956). Harvey Mennonite Brethren Church (Harvey, North Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Harvey_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Harvey,_North_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=95133.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 673. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.