Revision as of 14:37, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search


Hartville Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located 1.5 miles south and 0.5 mile west of Hartville, Ohio, a member of the Ohio Conference of Mennonite Church USA, was organized 10 December 1944 under the leadership of Bishop O. N. Johns and H. N. Troyer, with 49 charter members. The first meet­inghouse, 40 x 60 ft, was built in 1945. This was a basement church. A later building, 40 x 90 feet, with a Sunday-school wing 40 x 30 feet, was built in 1951. An educational wing was added in 1961, and a new sanctuary was built in 1997. In 1956 the membership was 242, with Lester A. Wyse as pastor. In 2008 the membership was 546.

Additional Information

Address: 1470 Smith Kramer Street NE, Hartville, Ohio

Phone: 330-877-2050

Website: Hartville Mennonite Church

Denominational Affiliations

Ohio Conference of Mennonite Church USA

Mennonite Church USA

Author(s) Lester A Wyse
Date Published 1959

Cite This Article

MLA style

Wyse, Lester A. "Evermore Community Church (Hartville, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 25 Oct 2016.,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=95129.

APA style

Wyse, Lester A. (1959). Evermore Community Church (Hartville, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 October 2016, from,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=95129.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 670. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.