Evermore Community Church (originally known as Hartville Mennonite Church), located 1.5 miles south and 0.5 mile west of Hartville, Ohio, formerly a member of the Ohio Conference of Mennonite Church USA, was organized 10 December 1944 under the leadership of Bishop O. N. Johns and H. N. Troyer, with 49 charter members. The first meeting-house, 40 x 60 ft, was built in 1945. This was a basement church. A later building, 40 x 90 feet, with a Sunday-school wing 40 x 30 feet, was built in 1951. An educational wing was added in 1961, and a new sanctuary was built in 1997.
In 1956 the membership was 242, with Lester A. Wyse as pastor. In 2008 the membership was 546.
On 7 September 2014 the congregation passed a motion with 95% support to leave the Ohio Conference of Mennonite Church USA. The Ohio Conference officially released the congregation in March 2015 and in February 2016 the congregation joined the Fellowship of Evangelical Churches. The congregation changed its name to Evermore Community Church in March 2016.
Yoder, Kelli. "Large Ohio Church Leaves MC USA." Mennonite World Review. 22 September 2014. Web. 22 September 2014. http://mennoworld.org/2014/09/22/large-ohio-church-leaves-mc-usa/.
 Additional Information
Address: 1470 Smith Kramer Street NE, Hartville, Ohio
Website: Evermore Community Church
Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference (MC) (1944-1999)
Mennonite Church (MC) (1944-1999)
Ohio Conference of Mennonite Church USA (1999-2015)
Mennonite Church USA (1999-2015)
Fellowship of Evangelical Churches (2016-present)
|Author(s)||Lester A Wyse|
 Cite This Article
Wyse, Lester A. "Evermore Community Church (Hartville, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 Jun 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Evermore_Community_Church_(Hartville,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=140026.
Wyse, Lester A. (1959). Evermore Community Church (Hartville, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 June 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Evermore_Community_Church_(Hartville,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=140026.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.