From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Haren, near Groningen city, Dutch province of Groningen, the seat of a Mennonite fellowship (kring) of members of the Groningen congregation. A first meeting was held here in 1923; an occasional service was held in 1936; a ladies' circle was founded in December 1936. Since 11 April 1937, services have been regularly held in a building belonging to the Liberal Reformed Church. At first services  were conducted by Pastor Knipscheer  of Groningen. In 1939 the church board of Groningen  appointed a minister specifically for the care of its members living at Haren: J. Meerburg Snarenberg 1939-40, J. S. Postma 1940-42, A. H. van Drooge 1946-51, and since 1951 Miss C. E. Offerhaus. When the group was founded in 1937 its membership numbered 97; it was 102 in 1954.


Author(s) Nanne van der Zijpp
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

van der Zijpp, Nanne. "Haren (Groningen, Netherlands)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 23 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Haren_(Groningen,_Netherlands)&oldid=81724.

APA style

van der Zijpp, Nanne. (1956). Haren (Groningen, Netherlands). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Haren_(Groningen,_Netherlands)&oldid=81724.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, pp. 661-662. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.