From GAMEO
Revision as of 08:38, 20 January 2014 by RichardThiessen (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Harderwijk, a town (1947 population, 11,124, with 15 Mennonites; 42,057 in 2007) in the Dutch province of Gelderland, was once the seat of a small Flemish Mennonite congregation. In 1649 the congregation sent no representative to the Flemish conference at Haarlem; it is thought to have had no ministers at that time. Apparently it died out soon after. Of its history nothing is known. About 1540 there were some slight traces of Anabaptism in this town.

Bibliography

Lambers, C. Hille Ris. De Kerkhervorming op de Veluwe. Barneveld, n.d., 1890: 23, 36, 75, CIX, CXII-CXVII.


Author(s) Nanne van der Zijpp
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Zijpp, Nanne van der. "Harderwijk (Gelderland, Netherlands)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 1 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Harderwijk_(Gelderland,_Netherlands)&oldid=107918.

APA style

Zijpp, Nanne van der. (1956). Harderwijk (Gelderland, Netherlands). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Harderwijk_(Gelderland,_Netherlands)&oldid=107918.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 661. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.