From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

628 11th St., Hanover, ON, N4N 3B8. (519) 364-1823 Located on the north side of 11th St., east of 17th Ave. Pastors Claran Martin and Peter Gibbins served in 2000 as congregational leaders. In 1950 there were 30 members; in 1975, 109; in 1985, 207; in 1995, 153. The congregation affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren in Christ in 1904 as well as its successor conferences. Presently the congregation is part of the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada, Canada East District. The language of worship is English.

The congregation began services, organized and occupied it first building in 1904. That building had a seating capacity of 100. The congregation originated through outreach by the Elmwood Mennonite Brethren in Christ church.


Author(s) Everek R. Storms
Marlene Epp
Date Published December 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Storms, Everek R. and Marlene Epp. "Hanover Missionary Church (Hanover, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 1986. Web. 10 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hanover_Missionary_Church_(Hanover,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=91978.

APA style

Storms, Everek R. and Marlene Epp. (December 1986). Hanover Missionary Church (Hanover, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 10 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hanover_Missionary_Church_(Hanover,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=91978.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 648. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.