From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
(CSV import - 20130823)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Hammon [[Cheyenne People|Cheyenne]] Mennonite Church ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite]]), located one mile north and one-half mile east of Hammon, Custer County,[[Oklahoma (USA)|Oklahoma]], was organized 11 February 1906, when four native Americans were baptized by [[Petter, Rodolphe Charles (1865-1947)|Rodolphe Petter]]. The mission had been established by H. J. Kliewer in June 1898. Services were held in the mission house until the chapel was built in 1902. Religious services were also conducted at the Red Moon Government Boarding School near by. By 1949 the number received as members was 129, and the membership was 75. H. J. Kliewer served as pastor 1898-1927, J. B. Ediger 1927-47, and Arthur Friesen 1947-    .
+
Hammon [[Cheyenne People|Cheyenne]] Mennonite Church ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite]]), located one mile north and one-half mile east of Hammon, Custer County,[[Oklahoma (USA)| Oklahoma]], was organized 11 February 1906, when four native Americans were baptized by [[Petter, Rodolphe Charles (1865-1947)|Rodolphe Petter]]. The mission had been established by H. J. Kliewer in June 1898. Services were held in the mission house until the chapel was built in 1902. Religious services were also conducted at the Red Moon Government Boarding School near by. By 1949 the number received as members was 129, and the membership was 75. H. J. Kliewer served as pastor 1898-1927, J. B. Ediger 1927-47, and Arthur Friesen 1947-    .
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, pp. 644-645|date=1956|a1_last=Friesen|a1_first=Arthur|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, pp. 644-645|date=1956|a1_last=Friesen|a1_first=Arthur|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Latest revision as of 14:36, 23 August 2013

Hammon Cheyenne Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), located one mile north and one-half mile east of Hammon, Custer County, Oklahoma, was organized 11 February 1906, when four native Americans were baptized by Rodolphe Petter. The mission had been established by H. J. Kliewer in June 1898. Services were held in the mission house until the chapel was built in 1902. Religious services were also conducted at the Red Moon Government Boarding School near by. By 1949 the number received as members was 129, and the membership was 75. H. J. Kliewer served as pastor 1898-1927, J. B. Ediger 1927-47, and Arthur Friesen 1947-    .


Author(s) Arthur Friesen
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Friesen, Arthur. "Hammon Cheyenne Mennonite Church (Hammon, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 22 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hammon_Cheyenne_Mennonite_Church_(Hammon,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=95068.

APA style

Friesen, Arthur. (1956). Hammon Cheyenne Mennonite Church (Hammon, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hammon_Cheyenne_Mennonite_Church_(Hammon,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=95068.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, pp. 644-645. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.