From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Hamilton Avenue United Missionary Church, located on Hamilton Avenue, Flint, Michigan, an appointment of the Michigan conference, was originally a city mission in charge of deaconesses. The first minister was W. O. Cline, who was stationed there in 1913. In 1954 there were 90 members and the Sunday-school attendance averaged 150.

The following have served as pastors: W. O. Cline 1913-1918, J. A. Bradley 1918-1921, R. D. Dean 1921-1925, J. A. Avery 1925-1926, B. Douglass 1926-1930, E. W. McClintock 1930-1933, J. A. Bradley 1933-1936, H. C. Eagle 1936-1943, W. K. Burgess 1943-1947, L. L. Surbrook 1947-1952, G. N. Bridges 1952-    .


Author(s) Everek R Storms
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Storms, Everek R. "Hamilton Avenue United Missionary Church (Flint, Michigan USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 6 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hamilton_Avenue_United_Missionary_Church_(Flint,_Michigan_USA)&oldid=81621.

APA style

Storms, Everek R. (1956). Hamilton Avenue United Missionary Church (Flint, Michigan USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 6 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hamilton_Avenue_United_Missionary_Church_(Flint,_Michigan_USA)&oldid=81621.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 644. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.