From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:16, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Hamilton Avenue United Missionary Church, located on Hamilton Avenue, Flint, Michigan, an appointment of the Michigan conference, was originally a city mission in charge of deaconesses. The first minister was W. O. Cline, who was stationed there in 1913. In 1954 there were 90 members and the Sunday-school attendance averaged 150.

The following have served as pastors: W. O. Cline 1913-1918, J. A. Bradley 1918-1921, R. D. Dean 1921-1925, J. A. Avery 1925-1926, B. Douglass 1926-1930, E. W. McClintock 1930-1933, J. A. Bradley 1933-1936, H. C. Eagle 1936-1943, W. K. Burgess 1943-1947, L. L. Surbrook 1947-1952, G. N. Bridges 1952-    .


Author(s) Everek R Storms
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Storms, Everek R. "Hamilton Avenue United Missionary Church (Flint, Michigan USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 19 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hamilton_Avenue_United_Missionary_Church_(Flint,_Michigan_USA)&oldid=81621.

APA style

Storms, Everek R. (1956). Hamilton Avenue United Missionary Church (Flint, Michigan USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hamilton_Avenue_United_Missionary_Church_(Flint,_Michigan_USA)&oldid=81621.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 644. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.