From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:47, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

R.R. 1, Ayr, ON. Located 1.5 km east of Roseville on the south side of Roseville Rd. The founding leader was Jacob H. Detwiler who as trustee of the congregation purchased a plot of land in from Adam Unger in 1846 for $15. Meetings were held every four weeks, alternating with the Detweiler Mennonite Meetinghouse. Apparently there was some rivalry with the Detweiler group on the location of their respective buildings. The congregation ended about 1886 and the land was sold about 1890. During its existence, Hallman affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario.

Bibliography

Burkholder, L. J. A Brief History of the Mennonites in Ontario. Kitchener, ON: Mennonite Conference of Ontario, 1935: 104.

Good, E. Reginald. Detweiler: Detweiler's Meetinghouse, a History of Mennonites Near Roseville, Ontario. Roseville, ON: Detweiler Meetinghouse, Inc., 1999: 15-17.


Author(s) Sam Steiner
Date Published December 1995


Cite This Article

MLA style

Steiner, Sam. "Hallman Mennonite Church (Ayr, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 1995. Web. 25 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hallman_Mennonite_Church_(Ayr,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=87964.

APA style

Steiner, Sam. (December 1995). Hallman Mennonite Church (Ayr, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hallman_Mennonite_Church_(Ayr,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=87964.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.