From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Halbstadt, MB. The congregation dissolved in the 1950s. It had been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference. The language of worship was German.

The congregation began services in 1937. The first building was occupied in 1937. The congregation originated through division from the Sommerfelder Mennonites.

The Bergthaler and Rudnerweider jointly purchased the old Halbstadt school in 1937 and met together as a community church. By the mid-1950s the church had grown to an extent that a new building was needed. However, the Rudnerweider members rejected an opportunity to help finance the new building along with the Bergthaler Mennonites. Pastoral support from the Rudnerweider church also was gradually withdrawn and in 1969 the group officially affiliated with the Bergthaler church.

[edit] Bibliography

Heppner, Jack. Search for Renewal: The Story of the Rudnerweider/Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference, 1837-1987. Winnipeg, MB: EMMC, 1987.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published September 1987


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Halbstadt Rudnerweider Mennonite Church (Halbstadt, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 1987. Web. 30 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Halbstadt_Rudnerweider_Mennonite_Church_(Halbstadt,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=87960.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (September 1987). Halbstadt Rudnerweider Mennonite Church (Halbstadt, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Halbstadt_Rudnerweider_Mennonite_Church_(Halbstadt,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=87960.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.