Revision as of 19:16, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Gulfhaven Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located 17 miles (27 km.) northwest of Gulfport, Mississippi, a member of the South Central Mennonite Conference, was organized 5 January 1922, by Bishop Andrew Shenk of Oronogo, Missouri, with 28 charter members. J. B. Brunk was the first pastor, followed later by D. S. Brunk. In 1948 the church was remodeled. The members are largely Mennonites from northern states or their descendants. In 1957 the membership was 62, with Paul Hershey as pastor-bishop.

Author(s) Paul Hershey
Date Published 1959

Cite This Article

MLA style

Hershey, Paul. "Gulfhaven Mennonite Church (Mississippi, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 Oct 2016.,_USA)&oldid=81541.

APA style

Hershey, Paul. (1959). Gulfhaven Mennonite Church (Mississippi, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 October 2016, from,_USA)&oldid=81541.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1089. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.