From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:36, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Groveland Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), also known as the Plumstead Mennonite Church, located in Plumstead Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, was a member of the Franconia Conference. The first meetinghouse was erected in 1806 for members of the Deep Run congregation living in that area. The present meetinghouse was erected in 1886. Preaching services were held every four weeks by the ministers of Deep Run, Doylestown, or Blooming Glen churches. In 1947 a weekly Sunday school was started, with preaching services every two weeks. Omar Showalter was ordained 18 August 1951 as the first minister and Leidy Myers was ordained 8 March 1952 as the first deacon. The membership in 1955 was 51.


Author(s) Leidy Myers
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Myers, Leidy. "Groveland Mennonite Church (Plumsteadville, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 1 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Groveland_Mennonite_Church_(Plumsteadville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=94995.

APA style

Myers, Leidy. (1956). Groveland Mennonite Church (Plumsteadville, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Groveland_Mennonite_Church_(Plumsteadville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=94995.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, pp. 601-602. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.