From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Griner Conservative Mennonite Church (formerly Griner Conservative Amish Mennonite Church), located two miles (three km) south of [[Middlebury (Indiana, USA)|Middlebury]], Elkhart County, [[Indiana (USA)|Indiana]], was organized in the spring of 1922 as a branch of the [[Townline Mennonite Church (Shipshewana, Indiana, USA)|Townline congregation]]. The first meetinghouse was formerly a Lutheran church. In 1954 the membership was 192 with Manasseh Miller and Louis Kauffman as preachers, Fred Bontrager deacon, and Sam T. Eash bishop. In 2008 the membership was 286; the ministers were Harley D. Troyer, John M. Yoder and Robert Riegsecker. Griner is not affiliated with a conference.
 
Griner Conservative Mennonite Church (formerly Griner Conservative Amish Mennonite Church), located two miles (three km) south of [[Middlebury (Indiana, USA)|Middlebury]], Elkhart County, [[Indiana (USA)|Indiana]], was organized in the spring of 1922 as a branch of the [[Townline Mennonite Church (Shipshewana, Indiana, USA)|Townline congregation]]. The first meetinghouse was formerly a Lutheran church. In 1954 the membership was 192 with Manasseh Miller and Louis Kauffman as preachers, Fred Bontrager deacon, and Sam T. Eash bishop. In 2008 the membership was 286; the ministers were Harley D. Troyer, John M. Yoder and Robert Riegsecker. Griner is not affiliated with a conference.
 
 
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
 
Address:
 
Address:
Line 18: Line 16:
  
 
[http://www.grinerchurch.com/ Griner Conservative Mennonite Church]
 
[http://www.grinerchurch.com/ Griner Conservative Mennonite Church]
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 584|date=1956|a1_last=Eash|a1_first=Samuel T|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 584|date=1956|a1_last=Eash|a1_first=Samuel T|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Latest revision as of 19:15, 20 August 2013

Griner Conservative Mennonite Church (formerly Griner Conservative Amish Mennonite Church), located two miles (three km) south of Middlebury, Elkhart County, Indiana, was organized in the spring of 1922 as a branch of the Townline congregation. The first meetinghouse was formerly a Lutheran church. In 1954 the membership was 192 with Manasseh Miller and Louis Kauffman as preachers, Fred Bontrager deacon, and Sam T. Eash bishop. In 2008 the membership was 286; the ministers were Harley D. Troyer, John M. Yoder and Robert Riegsecker. Griner is not affiliated with a conference.

[edit] Additional Information

Address:

12418 County Road (CR) 20

Middlebury, Indiana  46540

(Corner of State Road 13 and County Road 20, 1 mile south of US 20)

Phone:

574-825-5641

Website:

Griner Conservative Mennonite Church


Author(s) Samuel T Eash
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Eash, Samuel T. "Griner Conservative Mennonite Church (Middlebury, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 14 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Griner_Conservative_Mennonite_Church_(Middlebury,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=81459.

APA style

Eash, Samuel T. (1956). Griner Conservative Mennonite Church (Middlebury, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 14 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Griner_Conservative_Mennonite_Church_(Middlebury,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=81459.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 584. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.