From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Grassy Narrows congregation began services, organized and occupied its first building in 1958. The congregation originated through outreach of the Northern Light Gospel Mission.

In 1965 there were 5 members; in 1975, 9; in 1985, 11; in 1994, 11. The congregation affiliated with the Northern Light Gospel Mission in 1958 and in 2002 was part of the Christian Anishinabec Fellowship. The language of the congregation is English.

Lay leader Leonard Weber served in 1986 as a congregational leader.

[edit] Bibliography

Horst, Mary. A Brief History of Northern Light Gospel Mission. Northern Light Gospel Mission, 1977, 15 pp.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: Grassy Narrows, ON  P0X 1B0

Phone: 807-925-2037


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published April 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Grassy Narrows Mennonite Church (Grassy Narrows, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 30 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Grassy_Narrows_Mennonite_Church_(Grassy_Narrows,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=87921.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (April 1986). Grassy Narrows Mennonite Church (Grassy Narrows, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Grassy_Narrows_Mennonite_Church_(Grassy_Narrows,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=87921.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.