From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:15, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Grace Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), located in Dallas, Polk County, Ore., a member of the Pacific District Conference, was an outgrowth of the Zion Mennonite Church, having been organized in 1932 with a membership of about two dozen, under the leadership of Gerhard Bergen, who served as the first pastor. The congregation, with 314 members in 1955, worshiped in a modern church building which seated about 300. Ministers who served this congregation included H. E. Widmer, Homer Leisy, John Hiebert (supply pastor), Jacob J. Regier, Earl M. Peterson, J. M. Franz, and H. D. Burkholder (from 1 August 1955).

At the end of the 1990s the congregation withdrew from the General Conference Mennonite Church and became an independent congregation known as the Grace Community Church.


Author(s) W. W Janzen
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Janzen, W. W. "Grace Mennonite Church (Dallas, Oregon, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 19 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Grace_Mennonite_Church_(Dallas,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=81362.

APA style

Janzen, W. W. (1957). Grace Mennonite Church (Dallas, Oregon, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Grace_Mennonite_Church_(Dallas,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=81362.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, pp. 560-561. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.