From GAMEO
Revision as of 05:53, 2 November 2013 by RichardThiessen (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Goessel (Kansas) Mennonite Brethren Church, now extinct, formerly known as the Alexanderwohl Mennonite Brethren Church, was begun in 1880 and was for some time an important congregation of the Mennonite Brethren Conference. In 1888 its membership was 20 and in 1896, 70. Then it decreased and in 1926 discontinued, and the church building was sold. Its presiding ministers were Elder Cornelius P. Wedel, Peter Richert, H. P. Schroeder, J. S. Foth, and J. D. Reimer.


Author(s) J. D Hiebert
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Hiebert, J. D. "Goessel Mennonite Brethren Church (Goessel, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 28 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Goessel_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Goessel,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=103226.

APA style

Hiebert, J. D. (1956). Goessel Mennonite Brethren Church (Goessel, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Goessel_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Goessel,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=103226.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 538. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.