Revision as of 21:55, 19 January 2014 by RichardThiessen (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Gobschitz (Gopschitz; now Kubšice) is a village near Kromau in Moravia; here Matthiasch, the captain of Kromau, leased a house to the Hutterites, and they set up a Bruderhof, which is mentioned in the Geschicht-Buch for 1547 with other Bruderhofs. They lived here until 1602. The Geschicht-Buch comments, "In 1602 the Brethren at Gopschitz (where they lived 49 years) moved away with the Lord's good will on account of the high taxation and trouble with soldiers, which they could not endure."


Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. II, 129.

Author(s) Johann Loserth
Date Published 1956

Cite This Article

MLA style

Loserth, Johann. "Gobschitz (Jihomoravský kraj, Czech Republic)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 30 Nov 2015.,_Czech_Republic)&oldid=105611.

APA style

Loserth, Johann. (1956). Gobschitz (Jihomoravský kraj, Czech Republic). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 November 2015, from,_Czech_Republic)&oldid=105611.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 533. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.

©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.