From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Gladwin (Michigan) Mennonite Brethren Church, now extinct, had its beginning in 1914, when a group of German Baptists and Mennonite Brethren who had moved there asked to unite with the Mennonite Brethren Church Conference. Elder Heinrich Voth of Minnesota organized them into a local congregation, with P. E. Penner as its first pastor. For some time the church grew and then began to decrease, and discontinued in 1947. Other ministers of the church were D. F. Strauss, Ewald Rohloff, and J. J. Reimer.


Author(s) H. E Wiens
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Wiens, H. E. "Gladwin Mennonite Brethren Church (Gladwin, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 23 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Gladwin_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Gladwin,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=81195.

APA style

Wiens, H. E. (1956). Gladwin Mennonite Brethren Church (Gladwin, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Gladwin_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Gladwin,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=81195.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 522. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.