From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Gladstone, MB. (204) 385-2915. In 1965 there were 30 members; in 1975, 49; in 1985, 119; in 1993, 119. The congregation had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites in Manitoba, the Conference of Mennonites in Canada and the General Conference Mennonite Church. The language of worship is English; the transition from German occurred in the 1960s. In 1994 the congregation withdrew from all the Mennonite conferences due to doctrinal differences.

The congregation began services in 1946. The first building was occupied in 1947, with a subsequent building program in 1973. Jacob Loewen is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through colonization from Saskatchewan.

[edit] Bibliography

Mennonite Reporter (26 November 1973): 9.

Gerbrandt, Henry J. Adventure in Faith. Altona, MB : Bergthaler Mennonite Church of Manitoba, 1970.

Ens, Anna. In Search of Unity: Story of the Conference of Mennonites in Manitoba. Winnipeg: CMBC Publications, 1996: 227.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published September 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Gladstone Mennonite Church (Gladstone, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 1986. Web. 20 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Gladstone_Mennonite_Church_(Gladstone,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=87841.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (September 1986). Gladstone Mennonite Church (Gladstone, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Gladstone_Mennonite_Church_(Gladstone,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=87841.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.