Revision as of 19:14, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

Gingrichs Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA) is a member of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference, and is located a few miles south of Annville, Lebanon County, Pennsylvania, on a beautiful knoll, with a walled cemetery near by. The first church, built in 1792, served the congregation until 1920, when a larger brick church was built on the same site. Lebanon County had some of the overflow from Lancaster County in the latter half of the 18th century and again in the mid-20th cencutry, almost replacing the descendants of the earlier settlers. The first Sunday school was held in 1893. In 1954 the congregation was under the care of Simon G. Bucher as bishop, Daniel D. Wert and Elmer Showalter as ministers, and Harold Frey as deacon; the church membership was 64.  In 2007 the membership was 270; the interim pastoral leader was Rick Conrad.

Additional Information


100 Forney Road

Lebanon, Pennsylvania



Denominational Affiliations:

Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA


Gingrichs Mennonite Church

Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1956

Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Gingrichs Mennonite Church (Lebanon, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 23 Oct 2016.,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=81187.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1956). Gingrichs Mennonite Church (Lebanon, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 October 2016, from,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=81187.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 520. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.