Jump to: navigation, search

General Sewing Circle Committee, the name applied to the committee supervising women's sewing circles in the Mennonite Church. In the 1932 Mennonite Year-Book, the name appears for the first time, replacing the earlier Women's Missionary Committee. In 1947 the General Sewing Circle Committee became the Women's Sewing Circle Organization and in 1955 the latter became the Women's Missionary and Service Auxiliary.

Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959

[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "General Sewing Circle Committee." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 27 Oct 2016.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). General Sewing Circle Committee. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 October 2016, from

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 508. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.