From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

General Educational Council (Mennonite Church) of the Mennonite Board of Education was established in 1949 as a counseling body for all the educational interests of the Mennonite Church (MC) except those purely of the local congregations. In the late 1950s it consisted of 12 members appointed annually by the Mennonite Board of Education. Under it and responsible to it were the following six councils: Seminary, Collegiate, Secondary School, Elementary School, Winter Bible School, and Nursing Education, whose members were also appointed by the Board.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "General Educational Council (Mennonite Church Board of Education)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 21 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=General_Educational_Council_(Mennonite_Church_Board_of_Education)&oldid=81121.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). General Educational Council (Mennonite Church Board of Education). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=General_Educational_Council_(Mennonite_Church_Board_of_Education)&oldid=81121.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1087. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.