The Gemeindeblatt und Waisenheim, established in 1895, was the organ of the Krimmer Mennonite Brethren Conference and the Industrial Home (Waisenheim) near Hillsboro, Kansas. Some of the editors were Heinrich Wiebe, Gerhard Dalke, Jakob Z. Wiebe, and Jakob G. Barkman. It was an 8-page monthly (in 1899 a few issues contained 12 pages) and was published in Hillsboro. H. H. Fast was the printer for a while. In the 1 June 1904 issue the Publishing Committee, consisting of Joh. J. Friesen and A. A. Klassen, announced that the editorship was to be transferred to Weatherford, Oklahoma. It is not known how long the paper appeared after this. In March 1906, the Industrial Home Journal took over the interests in the Waisenheim, and in 1915 the Wahrheitsfreund became the official conference paper without any reference to the Gemeindeblatt. The Mennonite Library and Archives has a neariy complete set of the Gemeindeblatt from 1897 to 1904.
 Cite This Article
Krahn, Cornelius. "Gemeindeblatt und Waisenheim (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 27 Jan 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Gemeindeblatt_und_Waisenheim_(Periodical)&oldid=123109.
Krahn, Cornelius. (1956). Gemeindeblatt und Waisenheim (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 January 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Gemeindeblatt_und_Waisenheim_(Periodical)&oldid=123109.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.