Güns (Vas, Hungary)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:36, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130823)

Jump to: navigation, search

Güns (Hungarian, Köszeg), in the Eisenburg area of Hungary, at the edge of Austrian Burgenland, had several Anabaptists among its inhabitants in the 1660s, who came from Techtitsch, not far from Tirnau, and from Kobelhof in Upper Austria. The evidence is found in the register of the Roman Catholic parish there. The information was furnished by the Protestant pastor Seregely at Unterschützen.

Bibliography

Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. II, 199.


Author(s) Johann Loserth
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Loserth, Johann. "Güns (Vas, Hungary)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 25 Apr 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=G%C3%BCns_(Vas,_Hungary)&oldid=95015.

APA style

Loserth, Johann. (1956). Güns (Vas, Hungary). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 April 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=G%C3%BCns_(Vas,_Hungary)&oldid=95015.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 611. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.