From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Freeport Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located about 7.5 miles northeast of Freeport, Stephenson County, [[Illinois (USA)|Illinois]], is a member of the [[Illinois Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA) |Illinois Conference]], and in 1954 had a membership of 170. It was organized about 1845 by Mennonite settlers from [[Ontario (Canada)|Ontario]]. The first building was constructed about 1863, and to meet the increasing membership was enlarged about 1888, and again in 1912 and in 1943. The first Sunday school was organized in 1878, the young people's meetings in 1890, and the sewing circle in 1910. The congregation through its history has ordained three deacons, ten ministers, and three bishops. In 1954 [[Yordy, Richard (1922-1995)|Richard Yordy]] was pastor and bishop.
 
Freeport Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located about 7.5 miles northeast of Freeport, Stephenson County, [[Illinois (USA)|Illinois]], is a member of the [[Illinois Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA) |Illinois Conference]], and in 1954 had a membership of 170. It was organized about 1845 by Mennonite settlers from [[Ontario (Canada)|Ontario]]. The first building was constructed about 1863, and to meet the increasing membership was enlarged about 1888, and again in 1912 and in 1943. The first Sunday school was organized in 1878, the young people's meetings in 1890, and the sewing circle in 1910. The congregation through its history has ordained three deacons, ten ministers, and three bishops. In 1954 [[Yordy, Richard (1922-1995)|Richard Yordy]] was pastor and bishop.
 
 
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
 
Address: 3416 East Brick School Road, Freeport,  Illinois
 
Address: 3416 East Brick School Road, Freeport,  Illinois
Line 12: Line 10:
  
 
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 390|date=1956|a1_last=Zehr|a1_first=Howard J|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 390|date=1956|a1_last=Zehr|a1_first=Howard J|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Latest revision as of 19:13, 20 August 2013

Freeport Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located about 7.5 miles northeast of Freeport, Stephenson County, Illinois, is a member of the Illinois Conference, and in 1954 had a membership of 170. It was organized about 1845 by Mennonite settlers from Ontario. The first building was constructed about 1863, and to meet the increasing membership was enlarged about 1888, and again in 1912 and in 1943. The first Sunday school was organized in 1878, the young people's meetings in 1890, and the sewing circle in 1910. The congregation through its history has ordained three deacons, ten ministers, and three bishops. In 1954 Richard Yordy was pastor and bishop.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 3416 East Brick School Road, Freeport,  Illinois

Phone: 815-449-2498

Denominational Affiliations:

Illinois Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA


Author(s) Howard J Zehr
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Zehr, Howard J. "Freeport Mennonite Church (Freeport, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 1 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Freeport_Mennonite_Church_(Freeport,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=80999.

APA style

Zehr, Howard J. (1956). Freeport Mennonite Church (Freeport, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Freeport_Mennonite_Church_(Freeport,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=80999.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 390. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.