From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:13, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Franklin Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), now extinct, was built in the village of Franklin Center, Iowa, by Mennonites from Lee County, Iowa, in 1868. They had previously worshiped in the nearby Zion and West Point churches. The members were German immigrants and the congregation early became a member of the General Conference. John S. Hirschler served as elder 1872-1884. Services were discontinued perhaps in the late eighties, after most of the members had moved to Kansas and other places.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Franklin Mennonite Church (Franklin, Iowa, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 29 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Franklin_Mennonite_Church_(Franklin,_Iowa,_USA)&oldid=80948.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1956). Franklin Mennonite Church (Franklin, Iowa, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Franklin_Mennonite_Church_(Franklin,_Iowa,_USA)&oldid=80948.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 377. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.