From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:13, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Franconia, Pennsylvania, is a small village located in the center of Franconia Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. It was called Franconia Square until 1849. It is in the heart of was a prosperous farming community 1950s, inhabited largely by Mennonites. By 2000 it was part of a extended surburban band of communities surrounding Philadelphia. The Mennonite Church is located one-half mile west of the village. The German settlers probably brought the name from the duchy of Franconia.

Maps

Map:Franconia, Pennsylvania


Author(s) Quintus Leatherman
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Leatherman, Quintus. "Franconia (Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 28 Sep 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Franconia_(Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80932.

APA style

Leatherman, Quintus. (1956). Franconia (Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 September 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Franconia_(Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80932.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 367. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.