Revision as of 19:31, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Franconia, Pennsylvania, is a small village located in the center of Franconia Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. It was called Franconia Square until 1849. It is in the heart of was a prosperous farming community 1950s, inhabited largely by Mennonites. By 2000 it was part of a extended surburban band of communities surrounding Philadelphia. The Mennonite Church is located one-half mile west of the village. The German settlers probably brought the name from the duchy of Franconia.


Map:Franconia, Pennsylvania

Author(s) Quintus Leatherman
Date Published 1956

Cite This Article

MLA style

Leatherman, Quintus. "Franconia (Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 1 Dec 2015.,_USA)&oldid=64127.

APA style

Leatherman, Quintus. (1956). Franconia (Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 December 2015, from,_USA)&oldid=64127.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 367. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.

©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.