From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Franconia, [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]], is a small village located in the center of Franconia Township, [[Montgomery County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Montgomery County]], Pennsylvania. It was called Franconia Square until 1849. It is in the heart of was a prosperous farming community 1950s, inhabited largely by Mennonites. By 2000 it was part of a extended surburban band of communities surrounding [[Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, USA)|Philadelphia]]. The Mennonite Church is located one-half mile west of the village. The German settlers probably brought the name from the duchy of Franconia.
 
Franconia, [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]], is a small village located in the center of Franconia Township, [[Montgomery County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Montgomery County]], Pennsylvania. It was called Franconia Square until 1849. It is in the heart of was a prosperous farming community 1950s, inhabited largely by Mennonites. By 2000 it was part of a extended surburban band of communities surrounding [[Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, USA)|Philadelphia]]. The Mennonite Church is located one-half mile west of the village. The German settlers probably brought the name from the duchy of Franconia.
 
 
  
 
= Maps =
 
= Maps =
 
[[Map:Franconia, Pennsylvania|Map:Franconia, Pennsylvania]]
 
[[Map:Franconia, Pennsylvania|Map:Franconia, Pennsylvania]]
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 367|date=1956|a1_last=Leatherman|a1_first=Quintus|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 367|date=1956|a1_last=Leatherman|a1_first=Quintus|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Latest revision as of 19:13, 20 August 2013

Franconia, Pennsylvania, is a small village located in the center of Franconia Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. It was called Franconia Square until 1849. It is in the heart of was a prosperous farming community 1950s, inhabited largely by Mennonites. By 2000 it was part of a extended surburban band of communities surrounding Philadelphia. The Mennonite Church is located one-half mile west of the village. The German settlers probably brought the name from the duchy of Franconia.

[edit] Maps

Map:Franconia, Pennsylvania


Author(s) Quintus Leatherman
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Leatherman, Quintus. "Franconia (Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 23 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Franconia_(Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80932.

APA style

Leatherman, Quintus. (1956). Franconia (Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Franconia_(Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80932.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 367. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.