From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:45, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Forest Hills Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located at 100 Quarry Road, Leola, Pennsylvania, began as the Monterey Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located on Route 1, Bird-in-Hand, at the little village of Monterey in Upper Leacock Township, Lancaster County, PA. It was initially a member of the Ohio and Eastern Conference. The first meetings of the congregation were held the first Sunday of October 1946. The membership was largely urban. Glenn Esh was ordained by the congregation and served as its minister; O. N. Johns was the bishop. The membership in 1956 was 200.

In 1975 the congregation moved to its present location. The Atlantic Coast Conference, in which Forest Hills is a member, was formed from congregations of the Ohio and Eastern Conference that were east of Ohio. In 2006 Forest Hills had 356 members and covenanted attendees.

Bibliography

Mennonite Church USA. "Online Directory." Accessed 29 September 2006. <http://directory.mennoniteusa.org/congregation.asp?CongregationID=1983>


Author(s) Glenn Esh
Sam Steiner
Date Published 2006


Cite This Article

MLA style

Esh, Glenn and Sam Steiner. "Forest Hills Mennonite Church (Leola, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2006. Web. 17 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Forest_Hills_Mennonite_Church_(Leola,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=87538.

APA style

Esh, Glenn and Sam Steiner. (2006). Forest Hills Mennonite Church (Leola, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Forest_Hills_Mennonite_Church_(Leola,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=87538.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 745. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.