From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:45, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

First Mennonite Church of Normal (General Conference Mennonite), Normal, Illinois, was organized in March 1912. It had 35 charter members. It was established as a result of the interest and efforts of Peter Schantz, Sr., minister of the East White Oak Mennonite Church, not far from Normal, in providing opportunity for fellowship and worship for Mennonites who then lived in Bloomington and Normal. Services were held in rented quarters until a church was built at Church and University Streets. This frame structure was remodeled in 1951. The church had a membership of 230 in 1957, with H. N. Harder as pastor.

First Mennonite merged with the Bloomington Mennonite Church to form the Mennonite Church of Normal.


Author(s) Raymond L Hartzler
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Hartzler, Raymond L. "First Mennonite Church of Normal (Normal, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 11 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_of_Normal_(Normal,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=87514.

APA style

Hartzler, Raymond L. (1957). First Mennonite Church of Normal (Normal, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 11 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_of_Normal_(Normal,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=87514.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.