From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:01, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The First Mennonite Church of New Bremen (Mennonite Church USA) in New York was established on 11 November 1941, with 76 charter members, most of whom had been members of the Amish Mennonite Church of Croghan, New York. The congregation was originally not affiliated with any Mennonite conference. D. A. Yoder, Goshen, Indiana; S. C. Yoder, Goshen, Indiana; and Simon Gingerich, Wayland, Iowa, served as bishops of the congregation. J. Lawrence Burkholder, Goshen, Indiana, was the first pastor (1942-1944). The 1955 membership was 190; Gordon Schrag was the pastor 1945-1956. A new meetinghouse was built one mile (1.5 km) north of New Bremen on Route 812.

Additional Information

First Mennonite Church of New Bremen website


Author(s) B. F Zehr
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Zehr, B. F. "First Mennonite Church of New Bremen (Lowville, New York, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 16 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_of_New_Bremen_(Lowville,_New_York,_USA)&oldid=91769.

APA style

Zehr, B. F. (1957). First Mennonite Church of New Bremen (Lowville, New York, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 16 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_of_New_Bremen_(Lowville,_New_York,_USA)&oldid=91769.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 860. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.