From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Pottstown First Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church), now extinct, was located at Oak and Evans Streets, Pottstown, Pennsylvania. The first public service was held 27 January 1894, in a rented hall. In the fall of 1894 a brick building 27 x 49 ft. was erected and dedicated 21 April 1895. The congregation was organized on 30 December 1895, with William S. Gottshall as the pastor. Congregational difficulties arose and the church was discontinued about 1904.

[edit] Bibliography

Wenger, J. C. History of the Mennonites of the Franconia Conference. Telford, 1937: 374.


Author(s) Wilmer S Shelly
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Shelly, Wilmer S. "First Mennonite Church (Pottsdown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 25 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_(Pottsdown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80826.

APA style

Shelly, Wilmer S. (1959). First Mennonite Church (Pottsdown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_(Pottsdown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80826.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 207. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.