From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:01, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

First Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located at 900 West Market St., Nappanee, Indiana, first known as the Amish Mennonite Church and later as the West Market Street Mennonite Church. It was a member of the Middle District Conference (now part of the Central District Conference). Before 1923 the congregation was a member of the Mennonite Church (MC). The congregation was organized in 1875 after groups of settlers had met for worship in homes and schoolhouses since 1853. The first meetinghouse was erected in 1878, rebuilt in 1910, and remodelled in 1926 and 1955, a frame structure with a seating capacity of about 250. In 1955 the membership was 164, with Earl L. Salzman as pastor. In 2005 the membership was 87.


Author(s) Jacob J Enz
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Enz, Jacob J. "First Mennonite Church (Nappanee, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 25 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_(Nappanee,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=91764.

APA style

Enz, Jacob J. (1957). First Mennonite Church (Nappanee, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_(Nappanee,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=91764.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.