From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:45, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Johnstown First Mennonite Church was founded in 1939 as a mission under the district mission board of the Southwestern Pennsylvania Mennonite Conference (later known as Allegheny Mennonite Conference). The services were held in rented dwelling houses until 1949. In 1945 a lot with house was purchased close to the center of the city; the house was converted into a parsonage. A brick meeting house was built on an adjoining lot, and dedicated in 1949. The membership was 66 in 1955 with John E. Gingrich as pastor and bishop. In 2005 the membership was 46.


Author(s) John E Gingrich
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingrich, John E. "First Mennonite Church (Johnstown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 25 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_(Johnstown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=87500.

APA style

Gingrich, John E. (1957). First Mennonite Church (Johnstown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_(Johnstown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=87500.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 118. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.