From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:13, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Fire and Storm Aid, an organization of the Reformed Mennonite Church of the United States and Canada, was organized on 6 January 1924. In the mid-1950s it covered assessable property of seven million dollars. Their rate was $1.50 per thousand for houses, $4.50 for barns, and $6.50 for "hazardous risks." The assessment of $31,000 was made only every two or three years, when the general fund was reduced to $5,000. The annual loss on houses was one fifth of the total, the other two categories being equally divided. Frank E. Eshelman was the secretary at that time with headquarters at Lancaster, Pennsylvania.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Fire and Storm Aid (Reformed Mennonite Church)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 29 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fire_and_Storm_Aid_(Reformed_Mennonite_Church)&oldid=80806.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1956). Fire and Storm Aid (Reformed Mennonite Church). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fire_and_Storm_Aid_(Reformed_Mennonite_Church)&oldid=80806.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 330. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.