From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:13, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Filadelfia Mennonite Brethren Church was established in 1930 in the newly located capital of Fernheim Colony, by Mennonite Brethren (MB) refugee settlers from Russia. The meetinghouse was built in the town in 1952, and in 1950 a Bible School and Bible Institute were established in the church to serve the Paraguay MB group. The congregation, which had in 1957 a membership of 486, with Gerhard Balzer as leader, includes all of the Fernheim colony villages except the "Harbin corner," which has its own congregation (Orloff).


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Filadelfia Mennonite Brethren Church (Filadelfia, Fernheim Colony, Boquerón Department, Paraguay)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 12 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Filadelfia_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Filadelfia,_Fernheim_Colony,_Boquer%C3%B3n_Department,_Paraguay)&oldid=80795.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Filadelfia Mennonite Brethren Church (Filadelfia, Fernheim Colony, Boquerón Department, Paraguay). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 12 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Filadelfia_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Filadelfia,_Fernheim_Colony,_Boquer%C3%B3n_Department,_Paraguay)&oldid=80795.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1085. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.