From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
Invitation card to mission in 1907. First Mennonite  Church (Vineland) collection, MAO
461 King St. E., Toronto, ON. The congregation dissolved in 1910. It had been affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario (1907-1910). The language of worship was English.

The congregation began services in 1907. Samuel Honderich is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by the Mennonite Conference of Ontario and the Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities.

The initial meeting place was at 75 Tate St. The move to King St. took place in November 1907, nine months later. Samuel Honderich was assisted by Lena Weber and Bernice Devitt of Waterloo. This mission effort was replaced by Danforth Mennonite Church in 1910.

[edit] Bibliography

Burkholder, L. J. A Brief History of the Mennonites in Ontario. Kitchener, Ont. : Mennonite Conference of Ontario, 1935: 111-114.

Chapman, Harry. "History of Toronto Mission." 1928, Copied  by Carson Moyer, 1955, 8 pp. Mennonite Archives of Ontario.

See Danforth collection at Mennonite Archives of Ontario.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published January 1989


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Faith Hope Charity Mission (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 1 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Faith_Hope_Charity_Mission_(Toronto,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=91738.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Faith Hope Charity Mission (Toronto, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Faith_Hope_Charity_Mission_(Toronto,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=91738.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.