Fairview (Michigan, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Fairview, Michigan, is an unincorporated village (1955 pop. ca. 150) in Oscoda County, in the north central part of the state. The village is the center of a farming area, largely surrounded by forests, settled by Mennonites in 1900-1912. The Mennonite congregation (MC) of over 400 persons is the only church body located near Fairview. A small General Conference Mennonite congregation is located at Comins, a village five miles north of Fairview. Despite the handicaps of geographic isolation, poor soil, and a rigorous climate, the community developed into one of the strongest congregations of the Indiana-Michigan Conference District.

Maps

Map:Fairview (Michigan)


Author(s) J. Howard Kauffman
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Kauffman, J. Howard. "Fairview (Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 22 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fairview_(Michigan,_USA)&oldid=113785.

APA style

Kauffman, J. Howard. (1956). Fairview (Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fairview_(Michigan,_USA)&oldid=113785.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 289. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.