From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:45, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Fairholme, SK. The congregation was affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Conference (1935-1962).

The congregation began services in 1927, and formally organized in 1935. The first building was occupied in 1936. It was a squared log building; in later years it was covered with siding. John H. Klassen is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through colonization from Manitoba and outreach by Bruderthaler ministers.

The congregation closed in 1961 or 1962 as the economy in the area declined. There was good cooperation with the local Mennonite Brethren congregation before it closed in 1948.

Bibliography

Rempel, G. S. A Historical Sketch of the Churches of the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren. 1939, 109 pp.

Email from Paul A. Boeker to Sam Steiner, 11 January 2002


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published August 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Fairholme Bruderthaler Mennonite Church (Fairholme, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 1986. Web. 29 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fairholme_Bruderthaler_Mennonite_Church_(Fairholme,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=87447.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (August 1986). Fairholme Bruderthaler Mennonite Church (Fairholme, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fairholme_Bruderthaler_Mennonite_Church_(Fairholme,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=87447.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.