From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Fairfield Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in [[Adams County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Adams County]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]], was formed in 1925 by a schism in the Mennonite (MC) congregation at [[Mummasburg (Pennsylvania, USA)|Mummasburg]], Pennsylvania,  because  of  the  question  of  insurance. Those carrying insurance, contrary to the regulations of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Conference]], to which the congregation belonged, organized the Fairfield Church with A. W. Geigley as pastor, and with 40 charter members. In 1955 it had 68 members, with Lamont Woelk serving as pastor. The congregation remained independent until 1941, when it joined the [[Eastern District Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Eastern District Conference]] ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite]]). In 2008 the membership was 48; the minister was Brenda Walter.
 
Fairfield Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in [[Adams County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Adams County]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]], was formed in 1925 by a schism in the Mennonite (MC) congregation at [[Mummasburg (Pennsylvania, USA)|Mummasburg]], Pennsylvania,  because  of  the  question  of  insurance. Those carrying insurance, contrary to the regulations of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Conference]], to which the congregation belonged, organized the Fairfield Church with A. W. Geigley as pastor, and with 40 charter members. In 1955 it had 68 members, with Lamont Woelk serving as pastor. The congregation remained independent until 1941, when it joined the [[Eastern District Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Eastern District Conference]] ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite]]). In 2008 the membership was 48; the minister was Brenda Walter.
 
 
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
 
Address: 201 West Main Street, Fairfield, Pennsylvania
 
Address: 201 West Main Street, Fairfield, Pennsylvania
Line 12: Line 10:
  
 
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, pp. 288-289|date=1956|a1_last=Geigley|a1_first=A. W|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, pp. 288-289|date=1956|a1_last=Geigley|a1_first=A. W|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Revision as of 19:12, 20 August 2013

Fairfield Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in Adams County, Pennsylvania, was formed in 1925 by a schism in the Mennonite (MC) congregation at Mummasburg, Pennsylvania,  because  of  the  question  of  insurance. Those carrying insurance, contrary to the regulations of the Lancaster Conference, to which the congregation belonged, organized the Fairfield Church with A. W. Geigley as pastor, and with 40 charter members. In 1955 it had 68 members, with Lamont Woelk serving as pastor. The congregation remained independent until 1941, when it joined the Eastern District Conference (General Conference Mennonite). In 2008 the membership was 48; the minister was Brenda Walter.

Additional Information

Address: 201 West Main Street, Fairfield, Pennsylvania

Phone: 717-642-8936

Denominational Affiliations:

Eastern District Conference

Mennonite Church USA


Author(s) A. W Geigley
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Geigley, A. W. "Fairfield Mennonite Church (Fairfield, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 27 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fairfield_Mennonite_Church_(Fairfield,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80675.

APA style

Geigley, A. W. (1956). Fairfield Mennonite Church (Fairfield, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fairfield_Mennonite_Church_(Fairfield,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80675.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, pp. 288-289. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.