From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Fairbanks Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church, now extinct, was organized in 1897 with 30 members by Henry A. Koehn. Peter A. Friesen and John Schlabach also served as pastors. This congregation was dissolved by 1906, although a few members remained longer. The Galveston flood of 1899, which destroyed their crops, contributed to the dissolution. Fairbanks is now part of the city of Houston.


Author(s) Isaac K Friesen
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Friesen, Isaac K. "Fairbanks Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Fairbanks, Texas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 29 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fairbanks_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Fairbanks,_Texas,_USA)&oldid=80671.

APA style

Friesen, Isaac K. (1956). Fairbanks Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Fairbanks, Texas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fairbanks_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Fairbanks,_Texas,_USA)&oldid=80671.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 288. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.