The Fair Haven Amish Mennonite Church (originally Clinton Amish Mennonite Church) is located 5.5 miles (9 km) east of Goshen, Indiana on State Road 4. It was organized by former members of the Old Order Amish Mennonite Church on Ascension Day 1947. The congregation was originally not affiliated with any conference, but became part of the Beachy Amish. The first meetinghouse was dedicated on 7 December 1947. In 1951 David A. Bontrager was the bishop of the congregation, which at that time had a membership of 107 at that time.
Many of the early members had been part of the Maple Lawn Amish Mennonite church which was led by David O. Burkholder. When Burkholder ordained a new minister for Maple Lawn in 1947, members from east of Goshen who traveled up to 30 miles (50 km), asked that a minister be ordained in their district. The ordination on 5 October 1947 of David A. Bontrager and Moses J. Bontrager marked the formation of the new congregation. On 28 September 1948 David Bontrager was ordained as bishop.
In 2009 Wilbur Yoder was the bishop and Dale Hochstetler and Harvey J. A. Miller were ministers. At that time there were 80 members.
Yoder, Elmer S. The Beachy Amish Mennonite Fellowship Churches. Hartville, Ohio: Diakonia Ministries, 1987: 130-133, 318.
 Additional Information
Address: 13513 State Road 4, Goshen, Indiana
Beachy Amish Mennonite Fellowship
|Author(s)||David A. Bontrager|
|Date Published||November 2011|
 Cite This Article
Bontrager, David A. and Sam Steiner. "Fair Haven Amish Mennonite Church (Goshen, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. November 2011. Web. 25 Apr 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fair_Haven_Amish_Mennonite_Church_(Goshen,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=140664.
Bontrager, David A. and Sam Steiner. (November 2011). Fair Haven Amish Mennonite Church (Goshen, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 April 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fair_Haven_Amish_Mennonite_Church_(Goshen,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=140664.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.