Evangelisationsbote (Gospel Tidings since 1943) was first published in January 1910 as a four-page German monthly organ of the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Conference. Its purpose is to serve as a tie between the conference churches, to further and to unify their joint efforts in evangelism, missions, charity, youth work, and spiritual edification. From 1921 on for 30 years it was issued twice monthly. In 1943 the name was changed to Gospel Tidings. For the first 28 years the language was almost exclusively German, then the English portion increased until January 1951, when the German was dropped. For four years (1947-50) the regular issues consisted of eight pages. From 1951 it was published monthly with from 16 to 20 pages, when it had about 900 subscribers. From January to June 1953 Gospel Tidings has been published jointly with the Zion’s Tidings, official organ of the Evangelical Mennonite Church, in 24-page monthly issues, size 9 x 12 in., and printed in Berne, Indiana. The last issue was 15 June 1953, after which it was succeeded by The Evangelical Mennonite, organ of the Conference of Evangelical Mennonites, the affiliation of the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Conference and the Evangelical Mennonite Church.
Since the conference did not have its own publishing house and did not employ a full-time editor, there were frequent changes in the journal; there were 13 editors and 8 printing places in the 42 years of its existence.
Of special interest are the 25th Jubilee issue of 15 May 1936, and the Historic Review number of 1 August 1948.
|Author(s)||H. F Epp|
 Cite This Article
Epp, H. F. "Evangelisationsbote (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 25 Nov 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Evangelisationsbote_(Periodical)&oldid=80608.
Epp, H. F. (1956). Evangelisationsbote (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 November 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Evangelisationsbote_(Periodical)&oldid=80608.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.