From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:12, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Escondido Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), now extinct, located in Escondido, San Diego County, California, was a member of the Pacific District Conference. The first meetinghouse was dedicated 29 October 1911, with M. M. Horsch of Upland, California, officiating. The congregation was organized in the spring of 1912 under the leadership of J. S. Hirschler, also of Upland, with 19 charter members. Shortly after its organization a number of Mennonite families moved away and the attendance began to decrease. In 1930 the Sunday school was discontinued and worship services were held once a month. The congregation was finally dissolved in 1934. The ministers who served the congregation are Herman Janzen, H. H. Adrian, and H. D. Voth.


Author(s) Harold D Burkholder
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Burkholder, Harold D. "Escondido Mennonite Church (Escondido, California, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 29 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Escondido_Mennonite_Church_(Escondido,_California,_USA)&oldid=80573.

APA style

Burkholder, Harold D. (1956). Escondido Mennonite Church (Escondido, California, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Escondido_Mennonite_Church_(Escondido,_California,_USA)&oldid=80573.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 249. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.